Terry BladeMake Press Inquiry
Terry Blade is an award-winning Chicago-based singer-songwriter, known for using his unique sultry baritone to explore an artistic sound that fuses soul, r&b, jazz and blues with indie and folk influences. His musical style has drawn comparisons to artists like Deltron 3030, Sam Smith, Damien Rice, Open Mike Eagle, Antony and the Johnsons, Ondara, Amos Lee, Tracy Chapman, Keb Mo' and Meshell Ndegeocello. An up-and-coming artist, Terry made his debut in the spring of 2020, and has since received nearly 40 awards and nominations for his music.
R&B | Americana/Roots | Unclassifiable
Debut Album Tackles Race, Gender, and Sexual Identity in Black History Month Release
Terry Blade is releasing his debut album “American Descendant of Slavery” and it’s nothing
short of a pure masterpiece. The 19-track epic takes us on a heartfelt thrill ride through the worlds of r&b/soul, folk, hip hop and beyond. From hard-hitting rap rhythms to smoothly enchanting acoustic melodies, the release covers a lot of ground and really shows off Terry's versatility.
His rich low vocals are simply mesmerizing as they effortlessly glide...
- 02/05/2021, Album Release, "American Descendant of Slavery", Starburst Records View
- Edgar Allen Poets, Feature story, 12/30/2020, E.A.POETS APPROVED/BANDS WE LIKE – TERRY BLADE
- Tonemill, Feature story, 12/29/2020, Terry Blade, “Silent Treatment”
- SwanoDown , Album review, 12/26/2020, Terry Blade - American Descendant (Album Review)
- Country Queer, Highlight, 12/18/2020, BURIED TREASURE, DECEMBER 18
- Adobe And Teardrops Podcast, Highlight, 12/04/2020, Adobe & Teardrops: Episode 148
- FV Music Blog, Feature story, 11/03/2020, Terry Blade – ‘Black Hurts’ Single Out Now!
- The Static Dive, Feature story, 11/01/2020, Terry Blade’s Heartbreaking Neo Soul Lament – Black Hurts
- Tinnitist, Pick, 10/31/2020, Groover Playlist 48 | Who You Gonna Call?